Download this mod
The SimplePortal Team is happy to announce the release of SimplePortal 2.3.6, code-named "Mist!" This release includes fixes for the bugs found in the 2.3.5 version, and the change of license to allow for open development of SimplePortal. As of this version and going forward, SimplePortal is licensed under the BSD License. Older versions of SimplePortal are still licensed under the Simple Machines License.
We urge all users to upgrade to SimplePortal 2.3.6 as soon as possible to take advantage of the bug fixes. A full list of changes for 2.3.6 can be found in the changelog.txt file within the SimplePortal package, but the major fixes are:
- Updates and improvements to the built-in blocks.
- Several security improvements.
- Proper logging of portal activity.
- Several fixes and improvements to the interface.
- Styling options for board news block.
- Fixes to shoutboxes module.
Unfortunately, there is no auto-upgrade option from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6 due to the number of changes. So, if you are running 2.3.5 or an older version, you can upgrade by following these three steps. You shouldn't lose any data, but for safety, you should always back up before modifying your forum.
- Uninstall SimplePortal.
- Download SimplePortal 2.3.6.
- Install SimplePortal 2.3.6, and you are ready to go!
Thanks for all your support, and keep those bug reports and feature requests coming!
-The SimplePortal Team