Advanced Contact Form
Download this mod
This advanced contact form is easy to use, yet it provides a full array of configuration settings so that you can configure it to suit your preferences.
Its integrated error checking avoids users getting those annoying "go back and try again" screens. The error checking highlights invalid entries and informs the user which are wrong, and why. Only the erroneous entries need be reentered before hitting Send Message again.
The default setting puts the sender's name, email address and subect line in the contact form responses sent to you via email. If a valid email address has been provided by the sender you can reply to it just as with any ordinary email. Or if you prefer, you can configure in static settings for any or all of these fields. You can optionally add a prefix you select such as "[Contact Form]" to all your replies, to facilitate easy sorting by your email client's message filters.
You select whether guests, members or both can use the contact form. Guest use of the contact form (anybody not logged in) follows the same anti-spam policy as configured in your forum's Anti-Spam Verification settings including CAPTCHA and supplemental verification questions.
- CAPTCHA protects against spam generated by spammer 'bots.
- Members bypass CAPTCHA check as long as they are logged in.
- Integrated error checking avoids "go back and try again" screens.
- You select whether guests, members or both can access your contact form.
- You select whether name, email and subject are required or optional.
- Responses are emailed to your forum's default email address or to one you select.
- Replies include sender's name, email and subject line in email headers.
- Or you can override sender name, email and subject line with settings you select.
- Optional prefix label added at beginning of subject line for all responses.
- Contact form title can be customized to a title you select.
- Contact form tab label can be customized to a label you select.
- Sender's IP address and reverse DNS are included in each emailed response.
- Sender's member name is included in emailed response if member is logged in.
Version 1.1 (Nov. 26, 2008) Added SMF 1.1.7 compatibility, but without the CAPTCHA operational. Added British and British UTF-8 language strings.
Version 1.02 (Oct. 4, 2008) Added skip A/MX record check option, fixed PHP 4 incompatibility bug.
Version 1.01 (Sept. 27, 2008) Added English UTF-8 language strings.
Version 1.0 (Sept. 23, 2008) Original release.