Picasa Gallery Browser
Download this mod
Picasa Gallery Browser Mod
This mod allows you to browse the public albums of a Picasa Gallery account as part of your SMF forum.
Once installed this mod places a Picasa Gallery menu item on the default forum theme.
Before you can view your selected Picasa Album you need to go the Picasa Galley Browser admin settings which can be found…
In SMF 1.1 admin options are found in the Features and Settings admin page under "Layout and Options".
In SMF 2.0 admin options are found under Miscellaneous in Configuration, Modifications of your admin panel.
Set the server to your Picasa server i.e. http://picasaweb.google.com and user name to your Picasaweb user name. Make sure that there is no spaces after the username or server address when entering them into the relevant text boxes.
Admin options include...
1) The ability to restrict this gallery browser to display just one selected album.
2) An optional default album. Leave blank if you wish, by default, to list the public albums.
3) Set the number of images to display per a row.
For more information about Picasa, check out picasaweb.google.com.
Disclaimer: This mod is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
- This mod uses the Highslide JS view. The Highslide JS is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License. This means you need the author's permission to use Highslide JS on commercial websites. http://highslide.com/#licence
- The Snoopy PHP net client is distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public license. http://snoopy.sourceforge.net/
- The MagpieRSS, a simple RSS integration tool, is distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public license. http://magpierss.sourceforge.net/
- Picasa is a trademark of Google Inc. This product uses the Picasa Web Album API but is not endorsed or certified by Picasa.
The Picasa Gallery Browser should work with any theme.
However, if you're not using the default theme under SMF1 you may need to add a 'Picasa Gallery' button, index.php?action=picasagallerybrowser, to your theme.
0.1 - November 2008 (First release)
0.2 - 08th November 2008
- Major rework of template and picasagallerybrowser.php files to make them more consistent with SMF guide lines.
- The introduction of a separate css file for highslide settings.
- Modifications to SMF2 install php script to use $smcFunc['db_insert'].
- Removed references to undefined variables from from picasagallerybrowser.template.ph,rss-functions-mod.php and picasagallerybrowser.php
- Removed some hard coded strings from picasagallerybrowser.template.php
- Updated mod for SMF 2.0 RC 2
- Added page navigation control and number of rows option.