BotScout "BotBuster" for SMF 1.x and 2.0
Download this mod
Prevent spambots from registering on your forum. The SMF BotBuster uses the http://BotScout.com API to check each attempted registration against the BotScout.com database of known bots. Both the email and IP address are tested against over 2 million bot signatures (with more being added every day).
Failed registration attempts are halted with a false "Registration Disabled" error message. Additional "failure" actions are easy to add (such as forwarding the bot to Disney.com, displaying mysterious, random error messages, or returning a frustrating "CAPTCHA Failed" error).
- Works with SMF versions 1.1.x and 2.x (including 2.0)
- Minimal code changes, no extensive modifications required
- Will not conflict with other mods - adds only a single line of code
- Checks both email and IP to ensure a high detection rate
- Provides results in simple string format or XML format
For more information please visit http://BotScout.com
Special thanks to Blue Dream for the mod packaging!