Search Focus Dropdown
- Mod Name:
- Search Focus Dropdown
- Created By:
- Feature Enhancement
- First Created:
- February 11, 2009, 03:49:30 PM
- Last Modified:
- July 05, 2012, 12:55:30 AM
- Latest Version:
- Compatible With:
- 1.1.8, 1.1.9, 1.1.10, 1.1.11, 1.1.12, 1.1.13, 1.1.14, 2.0 RC1, 2.0 RC1-1, 2.0 RC1.2, 2.0 RC2, 2.0 RC3, 2.0 RC4, 2.0 RC5, 2.0, 2.0.2
- Total Downloads:
Download this mod
This mod adds a dropdown to the search field at the top of the page, similar to the one on the official SMF community forum.
When viewing a topic, the dropdown options will be "this topic" (default), "this board", "entire forum", or "Google".
When viewing a board, the dropdown options will be "this board" (default), "entire forum", or "Google".
On any other page, the dropdown options will be "entire forum" (default) or "Google".
The "Google" site-search option can be disabled in the Admin panel by going to Forum->Search->Settings and unchecking the new option there. Similarly, there is another option to enable "Bing" site-search in the same place.
You will also see a list of all your forum's boards there for possible inclusion in the dropdown as choices. These board choices will shown everywhere, just above the "entire forum" option. You can use this to add your "FAQ" or "Support" board (or whatever you like) to the dropdown for easy searching from anywhere in the forum.
Other than English, language strings are also provided for these languages: Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish.
- fix for bug on SMF 1.1.x versions which kept the mod from working at all
- Complete overhaul of codebase. The old code was a bit kludgy in places. The changes needed for each theme's index.template.php file are very compact now as most of the display code has been consolidated into a couple of separate new files.
- New "Bing" site-search option. Works the same as the Google option, but (naturally) uses Bing. Defaults to disabled.
- You can now add whatever boards you want to the dropdown as separate options, to be shown on every page just above the "Entire site" option. Could be useful for your "FAQ" or "Support" board if you have one. NOTE that this is only available in SMF 2.0. If you are using SMF 1.1.x, sorry. Consider upgrading.
- If you have Visual Verification required for searches (for Guests, or whatever), the search focus will be properly passed through that instead of being lost.
- Attempted to improve vertical alignment of search form elements.
- Removed support for old 2.0 RC1 installations; if you're still using it, you should have updated a long long time ago.
- support for Antechinus' Prince of Darkness theme outdated release named "Ants_Curve_Variants_20"
- better support for Antechinus' newest Prince of Darkness and Chocolate Curvaceous theme releases ("201" versions)
- support for installation on SMF 2.0 Final
- support for SMF 1.1.12 and 2.0 RC4
- added built-in Romanian language support, updated German and Russian translations
- rewrite of mod to clean up the code and reduce the chance of conflicts with other mods during uninstallation
- dropdown is now shown on every page
- new "Google" search option which does a Google site-search for your domain; this option can be disabled in the Admin panel
- minor: fixed installation support for SMF 1.1.11 (it somehow got broken on the last update)
- minor: installation support for SMF 2.0 RC3
- minor: installation support for SMF 1.1.11
- improved theme support for Antechinus' Prince of Darkness, Blue Steel, and Chocolate Curvaceous variants (looked a bit funky, oops)
- support for SMF 2.0 RC2 and Curve theme
- additional theme support for Antechinus' Prince of Darkness, Blue Steel, and Chocolate Curvaceous variants
- added built-in French language support
- minor: installation support for SMF 1.1.10 and 2.0RC1.2
- added support for SMF 1.1.9 and 2.0RC1-1
- added built-in Spanish and German language support
- added support for SMF 1.1.8
- added built-in Italian and Brazilian Portuguese language support
- initial public release.