Download this mod
Project Snow 1.2
Latest Version: 1.2
Compatible With SMF: 1.1.12, 1.1.13, 1.1.14, 1.1.15, 1.1.16, 2.0 RC3, 2.0 RC4, 2.0 RC5, 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2
Want your forum to snow? The much awaited Project Snow 1.1 is finally here!
Very powerfully coded from the ground up, allowing you to change settings such as snow color, snow character, snowflake width and height, or even let your users toggle their snow on or off! Want to only have it snow in December or January? You can pick which month or months you want it to snow in! And it will only snow in the months you checked. Along with MANY more settings to give you complete control over your forums snow!
Want the snow to JUST fall in the forums background, so it's not in the way of everything else? Well, you now can! Using the CSS z-index setting, simply set it to -5!
How about making the snow a different color? You can enter a hex color (ie. #ffdd00) or a primary color name (ie. yellow)! Just make sure you warn your members NOT to eat the snow, if it's yellow!
Here are some of the features...
- Permission - Select which membergroup(s) can turn their snow off or on.
- User Based Toggle - This allows members with the proper permission only to turn their snow off, or back on.
- Admin Toggle - This allows the administrators to decide for all of the members whether the snow is on or off by default
- Disable Snow - This is simply a switch to toggle the snow on or off completely.
- Maximum Snow Flakes - The maximum possible snowflakes.
- Maximum Active Snow Flakes - The maximum possible snowflakes falling at once.
- Animation Interval - The speed at which the snow falls. (The faster it is, the more CPU it takes, so use with moderation.)
- Y Axis Snow Limit - Sets the max height of the snowing area (from the top). For example, setting it to 10 would make the snow stop falling after 10 pixels.
- Element For Snow - Ever wish the snow could only fall down to a certain element? This setting allows you to do just that!
- Follow Mouse - This allows you to make the snow follow your mouse!
- Snow Color - This allows you to control the color of your snow. You can either enter a primary color (ie. red) or an actual hex (ie. #ff0000).
- Character For Snow - This gives you control over "what snows". Try experimenting with it...you can add any character! (* or •).
- Snow Piles Up - This allows you to have the snow pile up at the bottom of the forum! But only if you want to! And the sun is out, so it does melt eventually.
- Melt Piled Snow - The snow disappears no matter what, but if this is checked, it will fade away - The alternative is for it to just disappear.
- Use Twinkling Snow - Checking this makes the snow twinkle as it falls.
- Follow Scroll - If you want the snow to follow you as you scroll, you can.
- Left Offset - Lets you set the margin between the snow and the left side of the containing element.
- Right Offset - Lets you set the margin between the snow and the right side of the containing element.
- Flake Width - This lets you change the width of your snowflakes! The bigger they are, they harder they fall. - Not really...but they do look cool.
- Flake Height - This lets you change the height of your snowflakes!
- Maximum X Axis Velocity Range - Sets the top speed of the snow movement (downward). The higher the number, that faster it goes. Simple, right? - No Scotty, it's not
- Maximum Y Axis Velocity Range - Sets the top speed of the snow movement (sideways). The higher the number, that faster it goes. Simple, right?
- CSS Z-Index - Web pages are like onions. They have multiple layers, so the higher your inputted number, the higher up the snow is. Try using -5 and see what happens.
- Use Months To Snow - You'll use this setting if you only want it to snow in the months you have checked below
- Snow in January - Only have it snow in January, if the Use Months To Snow is checked.
- Snow in February - Only have it snow in February, if the Use Months To Snow is checked.
- Snow in March - Only have it snow in March, if the Use Months To Snow is checked.
- Snow in April - Only have it snow in April, if the Use Months To Snow is checked.
- Seriously? - Why are you still reading this? You get the point. There are 14, one for each month of the year.
Help us make it snow in other countries and provide us with translations!
We will wrap your translations with "// SMF Modders; Project Snow - // End SMF Modders; Project Snow" and put your name in the readme!
Original snowstorm.js script written by Scott Schiller
Project Snow is and has always been free. Help keep it that way and support the developers financially by donating any amount!
We have put a lot of time and energy into Project Snow 1.1, as well as our other mods and appreciate donations to their development going.
And finally, we want to thank all of the Project Snow supporters and everyone who has downloaded it!
Package Manager should work in most cases. If you need to make any edits, the full list can be obtained from the Parse function on the right.
Manual Installation Of Mods
How Do I Modify Files?
Version 1.1 Changelog
+) SMF 2.0 RC4 Compatible.
+) SMF 1.1.12 Compatible.
+) SMF 2.0 RC3 Compatible.
+) Full Settings and Controls Over Project Snow.
Files modified by Project Snow 1.1
Source Files (./Sources)
SMF 2.0 RC3, SMF 2.0 RC4
Source Files (./Sources)
Link to Mod | Support the SMF Modders Team